Friday, November 21, 2014

What Happened??

I wanna know what happened to the spring/summer.  I was just designing my garden and here it is winter again.  I waited so long last season for garden planting and growing vegetables; I thought the warm weather would never get here and boom!; here it is cold again.  Why aren't we having warm weather?  I remember many years where it was warm up until December.  Certainly not the last two winters, that's for sure! 
 
Speaking of the garden, mine did not do well this year.  It started off good enough, but somewhere along the road of growing, my plants gave up.  I did get some lettuce, peppers and a few cucumbers, but nothing else.  I heard other people's garden didn't fare well either.  It's like that sometimes.  Don't know it is, but I have great sympathy for farmers.  Thank God for farmers.  Where would we be if we didn't have them?  It's like when our own gardens don't produce we can run to the grocery store or farmer's market and get food.  Awesome!
 
The Green House Homestead has had major changes around it.  It has nothing to do with us.  The land all around us was bought by a developer, an oil company, and guess what they have done to the beautiful land?  Developed it.  Our front yard is only 36 feet from the foundation of our house.  They built right up to it.  We now have a sediment pond feet away from our front porch and the over flow drain  runs along side our house.  They have re-routed our driveway.  They knocked down the 100 year old tree that was 'in our front yard'.  It's terrible.  They have asked us to move for many years, but we have lived here for 36 years.  We have invested and built onto our home over the years.  It's where we brought our children home from the hospital when they were born; where they grew up and fled the nest.  Where we've had fights and arguments and love and hugs and we made memories.  How does one just get up and leave?  So here we stay, now with a sediment pond in front of our house.  Soon we will have an 18 wheeler refueling stations, 8 station gas pumps and a dash-in type store.  This is a far cry from when we moved here 36 years ago.  We had farms; cows, horses and pigs along the road.  I'd stand at my kitchen sink washing dishes looking at he pigs and horses that were only a few feet away on the farm behind our house.  No more.  It is all gone; gave way to a huge community now with a golf course and a country club. 
 
When the trucks and tractors move the dirt around next to my house, my house shakes like a 5.5 earthquake.  Seriously.  I'm worried now about structural damage to my home. 
 
What can ya do?  I don't wanna leave.  So here we stay. 
 
I'll quit for  now, but I got a lot of catching up to do!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment