Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Wonderful Surprise!

Monday I had a wonderful surprise.  My son showed up at the house to take me to lunch.  Since I am a night owl I was still in bed when I heard his footsteps racing down the hallway, then a knock on my bedroom door.  I am very proud of my son.  He has served two tours in Iraq and is now serving the public as a police officer.  He recently moved out of the house, hence the empty nest and I miss  his presence, but I think he stayed here at home as long as he did because he didn't want to leave me.  Well, at least that is what I'm gonna believe, anyway.  After lunch we went shopping; his sister's birthday is coming up and we were getting some ideas.  I was thinking afterwards one just never knows what a day brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment