Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Job

Time sure does fly by.  Sometimes the days just seem to run together.  Considering I'm a night owl and don't usual get to bed until 4 in the morning I suppose my days do run together.  I'm up when the rest of the world seems to be asleep and I'm asleep when the world is up. 

Anyway, at the end of September I decided that I would get a part time job.  Who can't use the money?  I haven't worked in over 30 years so it was a challenge for me to pick the right job.  I went on snagajob online and found one I thought I could do.  The job description had to do with tagging clothes and putting them on the floor.  The job was with the fancy department store that sponsors the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I applied online, got an interview time, went for my interview, got hired, but never heard back from them until today.  And guess what?  They have decided they didn't need my 'field of expertise' at this time.  Can you believe that?  Why would you tell someone they are hired and two months later tell them they are unhired?  During this waiting period (this is a seasonal position so I wasn't going to start work until the middle of Nov), my car's engine blew up; another huge expense.  And I was worried this department store was going to call me to come in and I didn't have a car.  Yesterday I got my car back and today I find out I don't have a job.  This is how my life has been all my life.  It's hard to hope for anything because I know there is only disappointment at the end of the line.  It's true.  I've always said if something's going to happen, it'll happen to me.  My dad used to say if he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all.  I must really take after my dad!

I have filled up the last week or so painting my bedroom.  Only thing I need to finish now is painting the closet and getting my clothes hung up in it.  Painting is not my favorite project.  I hate the clean up. 

So I will continue to push onward.  What other choice do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment