Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Nighttime Stroll on the Boardwalk

Friday night Donald and I took a stroll along the boardwalk in North Beach, MD.  North Beach is an old town along the Chesapeake Bay.  The town has really changed over the years.  What used to be a huge beach is now taken up with townhomes, huge rocks and the boardwalk.  The beach is there if you look really hard!  I remember my parents taking me there and it was awesome seeing the huge body of water.  I remember walking out on this wood thing that went way out into the water and almost falling in while my mother stood on shore telling me to turn around so she could take my picture.  Then my little brother did the same thing.  There's a huge fishing pier at North Beach that used to have a sorta house on it.  The house is no longer there and the fishing pier is huge now. Here's a picture of it; you can see how far out into the water it goes.  Today, though it is not made of wood--the wood has been replaced with those plastic milk carton fake wood planks. 
Anyway, we went out onto the fishing pier and I was surprised to see how many people were fishing at night.  While we were watching, a man caught a fish and another man catch what I thought was a needle nose fish, but rumor was going around it was an alligator. 

Sitting on a bench on the North Beach Fishing Pier
So we don't know what it was.  After we walked for an hour or so at North Beach, we drove over to Smokey Joe's for a bite to eat.  Smokey Joe's is on the other side of town, but is in the city of Chesapeake Beach.  It was karaoke night (we didn't know or we wouldn't have gone.  However, when we got seated and Donald was looking at the karoke guy, he realized the dude was a man he worked with but had recently got laid off.  So Donald went over to say hi to him and to catch up on what was going on with him.  You just never know, do you?  We had a great night out!




Smokey Joe's in Chesapeake Beach, MD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment