Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Anniversary!!


I can't believe another anniversary has rolled by.  Just seemed like it was a few months ago that dd took us to the Cheesecake Factory for our 32nd anniversary.  This year dd took us to Bertucci's where she gave us this very funny card. We had pizza and enjoyed dinning with each other...it's ALWAYS a treat to have dinner with our kids.  After eating we left the restaurant, got into dd's car because we were going to a few stores with her and as we were pulling out of the parking lot I realized I left my card at the table.  So dd had to turn around and she went into the restaurant to retrieve my card, but had to ask the manager because when dd went back to the table my card was gone!  LOL  Anyway, she did find it and I've carried it around in my purse since. 

Ds's birthday is next; I have to get with him to find out when he's got off so we can take him out to dinner OR I was thinking of making his favorite dinner.  He loves meatloaf with mashed potatoes and cheese over top of it.  I call it Shepherd's pie, but it doesn't have all the vegetables in it.  When he came back from Iraq both times that was his welcome home dinner. 

I'm proud of myself last night as we stayed home and I cooked dinner.  I have gotten out of the habit of cooking so bad I forgot how to do it.  I so want to cook more at home.  I miss some foods I cooked even though my cooking never compared to my mom's or my grandmothers!  Oh how I miss their cooking. 

So tonight for dinner I'm gonna look in my cookbooks for something nice to cook or since I need a grocery trip to stock up I'll have to put something together.  But that's okay.  I have to keep  reminding myself of how much money I'll be saving!  And that eating out has to be a Friday night treat instead of a way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment