Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ds Surgery..Glad That's Over With

Most people have problems with hospitals just because it's a depressing place to be.  I have problems with hospitals because I've spent hours upon hours sitting next to a sick loved one.  Sometimes with grandparents, parents and my daughter.  So sitting there watching my son on a gurney, dressed in a hospital gown with an iv in his arm gave me anxiety.  Thoughts of watching my daughter in hospital beds with ivs in her arm were coming back in my head and heart and I just didn't want to be there.  But because I wouldn't let my children go through something like that without their parents being there, well, that's why I was there.  I LOVE my children.  They are the treasures of my life.  They make my heart sing.

Ds's surrgery was scheduled for 11:30am.  We arrived at 8:30am like we were told.  Can you believe the doctor didn't show up until around 1:30pm?  Unreal.  But this is why I'm glad that day is over with.  Stressful!  Here's ds in his hospital garb:




These gowns are something new, something I haven't seen before.  They actually have a heater that connects to the gown and shoots warm air into it.  Hahaha.  What will they think of next?  

When ds's surgery was finished the doctor came out of the operating room and told me (and dh) that ds had actually cut his tendon long ways instead of straight across.  Doctor said he repaired it and now we just wait to see how ds is doing in two weeks.  Of course, trying to him to rest and take it easy is almost impossible.  He actually went to a hockey practice (to watch not to play) last night.  Tonight he went to the hockey game with his sister to watch the Capitals play.  I'm a happy momma that ds got through the surgery and that he is up and running as before.  There's something to be said about 'normal'.

No comments:

Post a Comment