Friday, January 27, 2012

Car Accident

I wanted to wait until I got pictures to post before I wrote this.  The other night, I think it was Wednesday at around 1:30 in the morning I was watching tv when all of a sudden the tv went off and right outside my bedroom window there was a large 'light' and a loud boom!  That's never happened before.  I knew something happened to the electricity, but didn't know what.  We have our computers/tv on backup battery packs, so when the electricity went off all the battery packs started beeping.  I went around the house with my flashlight turning everything off.  I looked outside through the living room window with my flashlight to see if the electric wires went down and I down at the end of our driveway the pole was leaning.  I went to wake up dh and told him what happened.  I said I was getting my clothes on (because I was in my pjs) and going outside to see why the pole was leaning.  As I stepped outside onto the porch I heard someone screaming.  Dh didn't have his shoes on and he was talking to me, but I was yelling at him that someone was screaming.  Now, it's very dark down here at the house without lights.  So all I had was the flashlight.  I proceeded to walk up the driveway, all the while I was scared because I didn't know what I was getting myself into, in the dark, yet I knew I had to see what was going on.  I got to the top of the driveway when I saw a car had crashed into the telephone pole.  I didn't see anyone outside the car, yet they were yelling for help.  I ran down the driveway, into the house, got on the phone and called 911.  Then I went back up the driveway.  By this time dh was getting his shoes on.  When I got back up the driveway I stayed on the other side of it while I shined my light into the car.  I told the person in there that I called for help and he said thank you, but he was screaming in pain.  His leg was pinned under the dashboard.  The driver's door wouldn't open.  The guy was screaming in pain, asking us to help get him out, but we couldn't and we just kept reassuring him that help on the way.  It seemed like forever before rescue showed up.  But, they did get there and started cutting him out of the car.  When they got him out of the car, his leg was mangled.  I didn't smell any alcohol on his breath, so I don't know if he fell asleep or what.  Here's pictures of the car:

I didn't take these pictures.  Rescue did and I got it off their website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment