Sunday, August 28, 2011

Under the Weather

Sick In BedI went a whole year without being sick, other than the episode I had when I ate at Long John Silver's.  I thought I was on a roll until last night when my nose started running and my throat was getting sore.  Well, actually last week I was sneezing, but we have been renovating the basement, so I thought that had something to do with it.  Maybe it has something to do with my sickness.  It doesn't matter because I'm sick and I'm a huge baby when I have a sore throat.  If I could be put to sleep for a week and wake up feeling good, I would, that's how much I hate being sick.  Today I've had to deal with chills, too.  I don't have tissues next to my bed, I have a roll of toilet paper.  That's a draw back from the days when I had little kids around.  We never had tissues, we always used a roll of toilet paper for our nose blowing needs.  However, it would be nice to have some Puffs tissued with soothing aloe in it.  My nose is already getting red and raw.  My ears tickle and my teeth are beginning to hurt. 

Dd got called into work at least twice this weekend.  A few hours ago he was at work and called me to let me know he was on his way home.  He asked if he could get me anything.  I said I wanted an egg salad sandwich from Wawa's.  Okay, I can still eat, but there are still alot of places around here that don't have electricity and he came home with a sweet tea and chocolate donuts.  Oh wow.  Then I asked dd if he would fill my cup up with ice for my sweet tea and he's what he did:



Okay, thanks dd.  But I wanted to close the lid.  LOL  Anyway, when the female is sick in the house she can't expect things to run smoothly.  I've been through this for 33 years.  I should know better by now.

Well, this is my life.  I'm tired.  I sleep, then wake up, then sleep, blowing my nose and spraying my throat in between.  This is gonna be my life for the next week and then the coughing will start...and let's just say I have leaky pipes and it's not pleasant to cough your head off and have leaky pipes. 

I now feel a headache starting.  Think I'll drink my tea, blow my nose and spray my throat....until later.










No comments:

Post a Comment