Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Will be Here in no Time

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by.  It's unreal.  People are putting up their trees..speaking of which, I can't believe the price of trees this year.  Wow!  It's $30 around here.  Unreal.  Anyway, I really need to start baking some fattening goodies...at least some cookies, for sure.  I got the mix and I got the eggs...I need a fire lit under me...haha.  I've got some phone calls to make tomorrow so and a couple of errands so maybe I'll get a little baking in.  The house would smell so homey.  Back in the day my mom used to have this thing...I don't even know what it was called, but it was round like a barrell and it had about six different levels to it, each level was a tray where you could put cookies in.  Every year we'd take a weekend and bake tons of cookies and she'd have that barrell cookie thing filled up.  Yum.  Sometimes memories can be good for something. 

I have to finish shopping....it's hard this time of year.  I wish sometimes I was rich so that I could buy without having the weight of debt on my shoulders.  Somehow this year I have to get the debt down and out of my life.  Well, as much debt as I can. 

Which brings me to new resolutions.  I don't think I made any last year and if I did I forgot them.  Oh well.

Dh and I were in Bob Evans tonight with one of our chapters (we are area reps with the Christian Motorcyclists Association) and my brother and his wife were there having dinner.  Then one of our friends asked if we were twins, maternal twins because we looked exactly alike.  Say what?  My brother has a white mustache...so com'on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment