Thursday, May 3, 2012

Does the Word Dentist Make You Cringe?

That's where I was today.  I've had this tooth that is broken and it's been giving me trouble.  However, the tooth behind it had a hole in it (from an attempt to fix it four years ago, but failed) and to make a long story short I ended up having that tooth pulled.  Now, after about 7 shots to my jaw, gums and other places in my mouth the dentist was unable to numb my mouth!!  She finally gives me sleepy gas, but let me just say that if you aren't breathing through your nose to inhale that stuff you aren't going to stay floating in the clouds.  Now, since the tooth with the hole in it showed to have a somewhat infection in it, the dentist believed that it was that tooth was really giving me problems.  I opted to have it pulled because I'm just sick of having root canals....the pain from those things go on for days and weeks if that work at all.  So after all the shots and sleepy stuff, I had the tooth pulled with all the pain that comes with it.  Let me tell you, it was painful!!!  Hearing the tooth cracking in my jaw and the dentist moving it back and forth, back and forth in my jaw was agonizing!!  My legs were thrashing, my arms were hitting the chair, and my voice was quite loud.  Well, the voice I had while floating in the clouds.  Honestly, I think I have to put that pain  at the same level as childbirth.  It was horribly painful.  Now it feels as if I've been hit in the jaw with a fist.  And...I'm not even sure the right tooth came out.  Because the one I wanted pull is now throbbing like before.  Unreal.  It's be one thing if the teeth were eye teeth, but these are my molars...I'll be eating baby food before too much longer if I get another molar out on the same side of my mouth.  So after that, I came home, put an ice pack on my jaw, took a nap, woke up, more ice, then Motrin, then another nap...oh my goodness..I need my mother!!!

I hope tomorrow will be better.  It's raining right now.  I got my window open and listening to the rain is so relaxing!   

That's it for the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment