Sunday, January 16, 2011

Been Out of Town and DH's Knee

Dh and I have been out of town. We are leaders with the Christian Motorcyclists Association and we had our regional meeting this weekend in State College, PA.  The last three years we attended the meeting it had been snowing, but this year it did not, although there was snow on the ground driving the four plus hours getting there. The meeting is always held at the Ramada Inn.





It's always something to look forward to because we get to be with all the leaders from New England to Kentucky and Virginia, all along the east coast.  It's great to fellowship with other Christian who all have the same interests. And thanks to my beautiful and wonderful daughter for staying at the house and taking care of the animals!  I sure love her. <3 
But it was hard on dh because a couple of weeks ago he did something to his knee and is in a lot of pain.  He has this routine, when he gets hurt he refuses to go the doctor (and I've learned to stop nagging him about it because, frankly, I'm tired of nagging him about his health) and then when he finally gets tired of the pain or it's really inconveniencing him, he'll admit he needs 'help'.  Well, that day has arrived and he's decided that he's getting pretty tired of the pain and walking with his cane and not being able to move.  So I have found him an orthopedic doctor to go to, so now all he has to do is call the office and make an appointment. 

And as pathetic as this sounds I still haven't taken down the Christmas tree.  I've never, ever had it up this long, but with dh's knee, it's hard for him to pull out the stuff and take it down, but I guess I'm gonna have to manage it somehow.  Now I know why my mother use only a 2 feet tree when she got older.  Sounds like a great idea from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment