Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

It's the beginning of a new year.  A lot of us start out the new year with new goals and resolutions, but really, most of them are left overs from the years gone by.  Sorta like, 'since I didn't get this done last year I'll add it to this year's goals.'  It boggles my mind at how fast the years are going by and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything worth anything.  It not used to be that way.  I think I'm in a slump.  We stayed home this new year's as we've done so many times in the past.  Our daughter came to ring in the new year with us. 

We watched a couple of episodes of Disappeared.  That's a whole other discussion..how so many people just have disappeared.  By the time the show was over we had a minute to spare and changed the channel to Dick Clark's Rockin Eve.  So I got out the sparkling grape juice:


I usually take a picture of the family in front of the tv when the ball comes down in Times Square, but I didn't time it right and I got the daughter and husband in front of the tv with a kissing couple.  So I fixed that with this picture:

I like this picture better!  It's more festive, I think.  Oh well, our first 2011 memory.  And our daughter took a shot of her parents...


And this is a picture of Times Square.  Happy New Year to You and Yours!




1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Praying that 2011 is an abundantly blessed year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete