Monday, July 25, 2011

I Didn't Realize How Much I Needed to Get Away

DD and I had our girl's weekend last Saturday.  It was wonderful!  We had a great time.  We are not the silly kind of people, well, we could be, but we weren't this weekend.  I think dd and I were both exhausted and just really needed to pamper ourselves.  Dd made all the appointments and I supplied the green stuff.  Our first stop Saturday morning was to get our nails done.  Dd took me to the salon where she gets her nails done.  She said  there was some new kind of nail polish called shellac that she wanted to try, but it ended up I got it and she didn't because my nails were longer than hers.  I have to say that this shellac stuff is fantastic!!  I have been cleaning all day in the kitchen, scrubbing things down, washing dishes and not one chip of nail polish.  I'm gonna research this stuff on the internet to see where I can buy some.  I'm sure some of the beauty supply stores carry it.  Dd not only got a manicure, she got a pedicure and eyebrows waxed. 

After our nails, our next appointment was across the street at Robert Andrews Salon and Spa..wow.  I've never been in a spa before.  It was awesome.  We went there to get facials which we never had done before.  I was kinda nervous, but I got through it.  I do not like to be out of my confort zone so I really had to talk myself through it.  However, after my facial was done, my skin felt so smooth!  I like the room they called the tranquility room.  It was dark, with quiet music playing; they had lemon water for you to drink.  I could have stayed there most of the day.  It was great!

Next was dd's hair cut.  She wanted to get her hair cut to about her chin.  I wasn't so sure whether she would like it or not.  She's never had really short hair before.  We traveled to the mall for the hair cut.  But that was after we stopped at Chick fil a for a quick bite to eat.  So after that, off to the mall.  I watched as the hair dresser cut off dd's hair, but she loved it when it was all done.  I'll admit, she does look good in that hair do.  It's easier to take care of, too.   While we were at the mall we started to go shopping at a few stores, but I'm telling ya, I was getting so tired.  I told dd that we needed to go home and take a nap and if we wanted to come backwe could.  Dd lives 2 minutes from the mall!  So, we went back to her place.  And we both took a good nice nap.  When we woke up we went out to eat at Stony River.  An expensive place to eat, but hey, one has to splurge once in awhile, right? 

After dinner back to dd's; she said she wanted to watch Harry Potter.  We have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, so we ordered it from On Demand.  I told dd not to fall alseep through it; she said she wouldn't but I knew she would last.  She did fall asleep before it was over with.  In fact, we were both so tired that we just turned off the movie and went to bed.  I was so tired that I sleep very good.  The best sleep I had in a long time.  Then up on Sunday morning and went to church.  We stopped to get Chinese food on the way home, but they were closed, so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. 

Back home for another nap.  Later that afternoon, I came home, but man, it was a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to the next time we can have a girl's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment