Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life Can Be So Unreal at Times

There are just no words to describe life sometimes.  Here's why:
last weekend we went to dh's cousin's viewing/funeral.  If that wasn't unreal enough, we found out when we got there that Billy, the one who called me to tell me of his brother's death had a stroke.  That's unreal.  While his parents were at his brother's funeral, their other son had a stroke, unable to talk or lift his arm and leg.  Billy and I were talking about how the good ones die young and Billy said he was still there.  A day later he was at death's door.  We just don't know, do we?  Yesterday we learned that Billy has a tumor on his heart (or in his heart) and he was being transferred to a different hospital.  I haven't had an update today, but my thoughts are with them all. 

There were two songs the family had played.  One is Life Ain't Always Beautiful:
Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down, it can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day

But the struggles makes you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' it sweet time

[chorus]
No,life aint always beautiful
Tears will fall sometimes
Life aint always beautiful
But it's a beautiful ride

Life aint always beautiful
Some days I miss your smile
I get tired of walkin' all these lonely miles

And I wish for just one minute
I could see your pretty face
Guess I can dream, but life don't work that way


But the struggles makes me stronger
And the changes make me wise
And happiness has its own way of takin' its sweet time

No, life ain't always beautiful
But I know I'll be fine
Hey, life ain't always beautiful
But its a beautiful ride
What a beautiful ride

The other song was If Heaven by Andy Griggs:
If heaven was an hour, it would be twilight
When the fireflies start their dancin on the lawn
And suppers on the stove and mammas laughin
And everybodys workin day is done

If heaven was a town it would be my town
On a summer day in 1985
And everything i wanted was out there waiting
And everyone i loved was still alive

Chorus:
Dont cry a tear for me now baby
There comes a time we must all say goodbye
And if thats what heavens made of
You know i ain't afraid to die

If heaven was a pie it would be cherry
Cool and sweet and heavy on your tongue
And just one bite would satisfy your hunger
And hered always be enough for everyone

If heaven was a train it sure would be a fast one
That could take this weary travler round the bend
And if heaveb was a tear it'd be my last one
And youd be in my arms again

Chorus:
Dont cry a tear for me now baby
There comes a time we must all say goodbye
And if that's what heaven's made of
You know i ain't afraid to die

What sad songs. 

We need to live life as if this is our last day, however, being human I don't think we know how to do that.  We never really believe we will die...I mean, we know it's possible, but it happens to others, right? 

On another note Miss Puma had her ear surgery today.  I think she is deaf in one ear now.  Stitches in her ears, antibiotics for weeks, a stupid one of those collars around her neck...oh boy.  She is staying the night at the vets tonight. 

I'm so tired.  I took Miss Puma to the vets early this morning, then I went to the pregnancy clinic to volunteer.  I stayed there until around 1:30, stopped and eat lunch, then I came home, chilled out for awhile and then off the bible study.  I'm not used to days like that anymore.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment