Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yucky Day, Motorcycles, Coupon Binder

Today was sorta yucky..kinda drab and a bit chilly.  I'm still waiting for spring weather.  Where is it?  Yes, we've had a few very nice, spring like days, but oh, it can't come soon enough for me.  That's the best weather, ever!

I haven't been feeling up to par this weekend.  Just so tired.  If the sun would ever show it's beautiful face again I think that might help.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet a friend who is part of our motorcycle group.  He's also the president of his county's Right to Life group.  Our county's group is inactive and while talking to the outreach lady from Maryland Right to Life, she asked me to take over our county's chapter.  That's a big responsibility.  Right now dh and I are Area Reps in the State of Maryland for the Christian Motorcyclists Association.  We over see five chapters on the east coast.  I just don't know if I could also take on more.  We'll see, though. 

Today dh and his four brothers went out motorcycle riding.  I asked dh if he took a group picture of him and his brothers and their bikes and he said no.  Now, it wasn't so long ago that he came to me and said he would like a camera to take along with him on is motorcycle rides and three times now he hasn't taken his camera.  GRR!  He is missing memories!

I'm in the process of making a mini coupon binder.  I had a huge one but it was so bulky carrying it around; it just didn't work for me.  I have some coupon thingys I can put in my purse which I should carry around with me, but I also got this idea in my head about a smaller binder.  I went to Staples and picked a Day Runner type three ring notebook, but it's much smaller than a day planner.  I am cutting up baseball card holders to hold my coupons.  I really don't know how this is gonna work.  I have tons of coupons from the 80's with no expiration dates and I've been trying to use them.  I've had one cashier at Target tell me because the coupon didn't have a bar code on it I couldn't use it.  I said the coupon has no expiration date and you'll have to code it in, so he asked his manger to come over and the manger looked at the coupon for an address and said the coupon was okay.  Honestly, I don't mind them questioning the coupon because there are so many people using fraudulent coupons.  There is a big controversary going on about Jamie from TLC's Extreme Couponing show.  The controversary is this:  Jamie has used 'family upc' codes for products she didn't buy.  You can read the whole story here:    http://www.jillcataldo.com/node/16170  If this is true, then it can make  couponing very difficult for the rest of us and it could make the manufacturers change the way we collect coupons.  I know a lot of stores are putting coupons  on your store card now.  I do not like that idea because I won't remember what coupons I have on there.

 
Okay, that's all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment