Monday, February 14, 2011

Day Six-Trading Places; Valentine's Day, Vigil at Planned Parenthood

I have thought about this all day and frankly I'd like to trade places with myself if I could.  See this girl:
At 21 she had all her life and dreams ahead of her.  It was the best time of her life (other than having her children, of course)!  There's nothing like having the freedom to come and go as you please, a little money in the pocket and time to travel and have fun.  Yes, if I had to trade places with somebody is would be my 21 year old self.  I'd have a re-do and I'd do things a lot of different.  I have always tried to live without regrets, but they eventually find their way into your life.  And the older I become the more regrets I seem to have.  So that's why I'd like to go back to being that 21 year old fun-loving girl. 

To present day:  DH brought me home a plant, a magazine and Almond Joy candy bars!  Sweet.  I shared my Milky Way bar with him that I had bought earlier.  We don't usually do anything on Valentine's Day.  We're free to do what we want, when we want, so holidays like these are really no big deal.

Yesterday, however, we went to DS's house so I could give him the present I got for him.  Ihop is right across the street from his house so we went over there for dinner.  DS said he'd pay for it...that was a treat!  He knows the manager of the place and DS got 50% off the bill.  Not bad! 

Today I participated in my first ever vigil in front of Planned Parenthood.  Planned Parenthood is now performing abortions on underage sex trafficking girls.  It's disgusting what PP does.  They are not a center to help women.  It's a business, plain and simple. 
Go here to see the videos:  http://www.liveaction.org/traffick

No comments:

Post a Comment