Monday, February 7, 2011

Depression; Back Went Out

Depression has a way of holding onto a person and not letting go.  I watch those 'depression hurts' commercials on tv and I so feel their pain.  It's true about depression..it not only hurts you, your physical well-being but those all around you.  It's especially hard in winter when the days are short and dark.  Give me the sun and summer any day.  I want to see the flowers and green grass.  I want to ride in the car with the windows down. I want to grow plants in my garden.  But until then, I just plug along and try to get up each day and try to feel like I accomplished something.  Even it's only one thing like load the dishwasher.  It's pathetic, I know, especially when I was so busy when I was raising kids.  I could juggle a hundred different things at one time.  When I sit back and think about those days I can even amaze myself at how busy I stayed and how much I loved it all.  Now, I wake up and wonder if I can even get one little thing done.  I suppose a to do list might help push and motive me.   I wonder if I can motive myself to sit and write one everyday..LOL.  

Then yesterday I threw my lower back out.  It hurts.  I've never really had back problems but twice within the last six months my back has gone out.  That's all I need is a slipped disc. 

DD came down last night to watch the superbowl.  I made some little hot doggie things.  I cut bite size pieces of hotdogs and wrapped them in dough and we dipped them in mustard.  It was good and I will probably make them again. 

I have a cat that lives next door.  Strange, I know.  My neighbor said the cat is not doing so well and now I have to make an appointment to take her to the vet.  The cat is twelve years old, too. 

Until later...


No comments:

Post a Comment