Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 22-Favorite Book; Coupons

I have read so many books in my lifetime that it's almost impossible to pick a favorite.  Although a couple do stand out.  For instance, when I was a teenager I was really into reading Ross MacDonald detective books.  I couldn't get enough of them.  His real name is Kenneth Millar and he wrote books under the name of John Ross MacDonald then Ross MacDonald.  The main character of his books were Lew Archer, the detective.  I think I read all the Lew Archer series and I was so disappointed when I couldn't find them anymore.  I did all my high school projects centered around Lew Archer and I still have those projects today.  I just can't seem to through them away!



I've recently read a couple of books by Lorena McCourtney.  She started a series of Ivy Malone books.  Ivy Malone was a senior citizen lady who just happened to get herself into the middle of murder cases.  Unfortunately, Lorena McCourtney had to discontinue the series due to publisher problems or something of that sort.  But she started another series with Andi McConnell who inherits a limousine from an uncle and she gets involved with murder cases, but not purpose. 

I like all kinds of books including true life; usually how someone over came a problem in their lives.  Christian books I read, too.

Well, today I had to do a little grocery shopping.  I had my huge 'wallet' of coupons with me.  While I was looking for a Lloyd's BBQ coupon I had a older woman (older than me) stop and ask me where I get all my coupons.  Wow!  I never had anybody ask me that before, so I felt like a super couponer!  Hehehe.  I told her in the Sunday paper and the Bowie Blade and Bowie Star on Wednesdays.  She told me her daughter and grandkids moved in with her and I finished her sentence and said they were eating you out of house and home, right?  She started laughing.  She said she was gonna get a small canned ham, but her grandchild could eat the whole thing in one sitting.  I told her maybe she could get her neighbors to save the inserts from the Sunday paper for her.  Lots of people don't use coupons and throw them away.  Now I hope that she'll be able to get some coupons going for herself.  I saved $13.75 today but that's including my store card and my coupons.  I penny saved is a penny earned--Benjamin Franklin.

I cooked a turkey yesterday so we are gonna have turkey, mashed potatoes and a veggie tonight for dinner.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment