Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Since Monday I've Had No Internet, TV or Phone

I'm sitting at Chick fil a right now.  My Verizon has been out at our house since Monday.  I have no idea why.  When I called Monday night I got a recording from them saying that there was an outage in the area and service would be back on at 6pm the next day.  When 6pm rolled around still no service so I called again and another recording came on saying service would be restored the following morning (Tues) at 8am.  So I woke up this morning with the hope that everything would be back to normal..but guess what...it's not and so I called again and got hold of human who acted like it was his first day on the job (I have nothing against people learning or training), but he knew absolutely nothing and didn't act like he knew where to look up the information about my outage.  Instead, he put a service ticket in for someone to come to the house to check out my fios box.  Now, consider that I have only one neighbor and we share a pole and they also do not have service I'm wondering if something is wrong at the pole.  I'm telling ya, it's always something.  Now I have missed my favorite tv shows but that has forced me to do some decluttering which I've been doing.  DH always knows when I clean because I have pile of trash bags waiting for him on the porch when he gets home.  I started working on filing the paperwork which I let pile up over the last year and I've also started organizing my photo albums that I have also lapse in organizing.  I need more albums and have to wait for payday to see if there's any  extra money let for me to buy a couple more albums..  But, I did get over half the photo albums put in order and even put labels on the outside of each album so it's  much easier to just to find the year.  I still have tons of photos to organize, but I feel I almost got a handle on it.  It feel SO good to get things in order. 

I wanted to put a graphics of Verizon with a big red circle with a line through it, but instead I found this:
That's the only good thing I say about Verizon thus far.  Yeah.  You can read the whole article here at the above link.

 I did get a nice surprise, though while I was sitting here at Chick fil a.  My son called me and said him and his roommate were coming to visit with me here a the restaurant.  He lives about five minutes away, so it was a very nice visit.  He bought me waffle fries.  And did you know that on Friday it's Fryday at Chick fil a?  Between 2-4pm you can ge a free medium fry with their new ketchup packets (I love those things...oh the fries and the packets) so I guess I'll be here again on Fryday!

I guess that is all for now.  I hope I won't have to go out tomorrow night to use the internet.  If so I might go tooBar nes and Nobles.  Our Borders store is closing down...but with books $25 a piece there (that crazy) it's not a wonder.  Books depreciate in vale the same way a car does.  Once you leave the store with your book you can't hardly get anything for it if you resell it. 



1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish without the lure of tv or the internet?

    We don't have a Chick fil-a here and I love it. It's probably better that we don't have one though and just stick to going to them when we are out of town....

    Hope everything is back up soon!

    ReplyDelete