Friday, March 18, 2011

Today

It is a beautiful day today.  It's nice and warm...so springy.  Oh yeah.  I heard rain is moving in tonight, though and cloudy tomorrow.  April showers bring May flowers.  Speaking of which, my daffadils are coming up out of the ground along with my Japanese Iris.  That's always a sign of spring. 

I went to the post office today to mail out a book (I sell books on half.com).  I make a tiny bit of money, but nothing to sneeze at.  I sure don't recoop what I paid for the book if I buy it new, but a lot of the time I will buy used on amazon or half.com.   I also stopped by KFC to get some chicken.  Now there's one restaurant that is nothing like it used to be when I was growing up.  I think if Col. Sanders was alive today he'd be ashamed of what they've done to his secret recipe.  Do you know that Dave Thomas (founder of Wendy's) is really the one who promoted Col. Sanders chicken in the restaurant Dave used to work for?  If it weren't for Dave, there wouldn't be a KFC. 

Speaking of KFC, my brother brought to my attention many years ago when our beautiful Katrina was still alive that her initials were KFC.  Hahahah...we didn't even realize it.  Katrina Fay Canter.  So KFC is kinda special to us...not the food, but just the initials.

Did I mention before that I'm thinking Spring Cleaning?  Yeah, I'm thinking about it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment